1 point per S$1 spent via delivery; double the points if you buy directly from the restaurant and pick up yourself.
Accor is offering bonus points for all takeaway and delivery orders from its restaurants during Singapore’s ‘circuit breaker’ month between 7 Apr and 4 May.
Accor will award 1 point per S$1 spent via delivery service partners (i.e. Deliveroo, GrabFood & Food Panda), or 2 points per S$1 spent if you order directly from the restaurant and pick it up yourself.
Given that the normal earn rate is 1 point per EUR1 (which translates to 0.65 points per S$1), this translates to a roughly 50% or 200% bonus points respectively.
Note that there’s a minimum spend of S$10 per receipt, not that it matters because I’ll be hard-pressed to find anyone spending under that amount if you were to order from a hotel’s restaurant anyway.
How to register for the promotion
Unfortunately the promotion is a little backwards in terms of mechanism – first you collect all the receipts, then you slowly fill up this Google Doc by 5 May 2020.
All points will be credited by June 2020.
Which restaurants qualify?
The promotion page does provide a short list of restaurants that are open for delivery and takeaway, including:
- Prego, Fairmont Singapore (menu)
- Racines, Sofitel Singapore City Centre (menu)
- Kwee Zen, Sofitel Sentosa Spa & Resort (menu)
- The Cliff, Sofitel Sentosa Spa & Resort (menu)
- Royale, Mercure Singapore Bugis (menu)
- 藝 yì by Jereme Leung, Raffles Hotel (menu)
- The Grand Lobby, Raffles Hotel (menu)
- Butcher’s Block, Raffles Hotel (menu)
- Tiffin Room, Raffles Hotel (menu)
Under the terms and conditions, all restaurants that earn points for dining normally would be considered a participating restaurant, but it seems like many restaurants are closed during this period of time.